A deep dive into the fundamentals of vectors for math and calculus through hands-on practice and engaging visuals.
What you’ll learn
Perform operations with 2D and 3D vectors such as addition, subtraction, scalar multiplication, dot product, cross product.
Transform vectors from Cartesian coordinates to Polar coordinates and vice versa.
Calculate and identify the main properties and elements of vectors: components, magnitude, direction and sense.
Determine if vectors are orthogonal, linearly dependent or linear combinations of other vectors.
Find a unit vector from any vector.
Basic knowledge of high school math and systems of linear equations.
A calculator with trigonometric functions (sin, cos, tan).
Enthusiasm and a spoonful of excitement! : )
Welcome to this thorough course on vectors for Math and Calculus!
“Detailed and clear explanations. Great use of diagrams. Lots of support material. Great Course! I highly recommend it.” — Noris Isabel
“Simple and clear.” — Karnik Vatsalya Ananta
You will master vectors by solving more than 162 practice problems and you will acquire the knowledge you need for more advanced courses in math, calculus, physics and other fields.
What makes this course really unique is:
- Engaging visuals: If you are a visual learner (like me!) you will find the lectures very engaging. I’ve designed it to explain vectors for calculus with detailed and colorful slides, animations and diagrams.
- Mathematical Expressions Completely written in LaTeX: This course is completely written in LaTeX, a special software that interprets mathematical expressions and produces nice-looking equations and expressions. Say goodbye to writing with the cursor!
- PDF handouts: On each section you will find PDF handouts with the diagrams presented for you to download and read while you’re on the go. Vectors will always be right there with you!
- Hands-on practice: Each section has practice problems with their corresponding answers.
- Quizzes: Every section has quizzes to check your knowledge and to help you determine the areas you may need to practice a little bit more.
- Discussion Forums: You will have access 24/7 to the course discussion forums. You can ask any questions you may have and I will be very glad to help you.
Learn to love calculus,
Start mastering vectors for math, calculus and physics right now,
See you in class!
Who this course is for:
- Students taking Calculus and Physics courses who want to dive deeper into this topic.
- Professionals who need a refresher on this topic for a new career challenge.
- Self-taught learners eager to learn about vectors.
- Parents who want to learn more about this topic to help their sons/daughters with their studies.